field service engineer
2017.10.27 09:43 | Field Engineer
Field service Engineer has to work on-site on most of the times and offline mode also depending upon the work assigned to them. Examples include locating vehicles, managing worker activity, scheduling and dispatching work, ensuring driver safety, and integrating the management of such activities with inventory, billing, accounting and other back-office systems. Field service Engineer needs to manage installation, service or repairs of systems or equipment. It can also refer to software and cloud-based platforms that aid in field service management.
Field service engineers must meet below requirements:
• Customer expectations: Customers expect that their service should not be
disrupted, and should be immediately restored.
• Correct equipment Utilisation: Expensive industrial equipment in mining or oil and
gas can cost millions when sitting idle.
• Low employee productivity: Managers are unable to monitor field employees, which
may reduce productivity.
• Safety: Safety of drivers and vehicles on the road and while on the job site is a
concern both for individuals and their employers.
• Cost: Rising cost of fuel, vehicle maintenance, and parts inventory.
• Service to sales: Increasingly, companies expect their services department to
Field service engineers needs to manage resources in several industries.
• In telecommunications and cable industry, technicians who install cable or run
phone lines into residences or business establishments.
• In healthcare, mobile nurses who provide in-home care for elderly or disabled.
• In gas utilities, engineers who are dispatched to investigate and repair suspected
• In heavy engineering, mining, industrial and manufacturing, technicians dispatched
for preventative maintenance and repair.
• In property maintenance, including landscaping, irrigation, and home and office
• In Mechanical industry, technicians have the expertise and equipment to investigate units in residential, commercial and industrial environments.